Website terms and conditions
Changes to these Terms
Photographs and footage submitted by Water Explorer schools to Global Action Plan UK or its delivery partners, either uploaded to the website or shared by other means may be used by Global Action Plan, its delivery partners or HSBC for publicity purposes, this includes but is not exclusive to use in both print and digital marketing materials, on social media (i.e.: Faceboon, Twitter, YouTube etc.) and in films and presentations.
Global Action Plan reminds Water Explorer schools and youth clubs that the onus is on the Group Leader or Lead Teacher to ensure that correct policies, procedures and any necessary checks for consent are in place prior ro uploading any photographs or other media representing young people to the Water Explorer website.
Other terms and conditions
Water Explorer has been developed by Global Action Plan UK in partnership with Global Action Plan Ireland, FEE France, Agado (Germany), Global Action Plan Spain, InEuropa (Italy), WeACT (Switzerland), Global Action Plan Poland, Green Rock Bermuda, WESSA (South Africa), Mikado Consulting (Turkey). Water Explorer is supported by the HSBC Water Programme
Competitions and Prizes
1. All schools with students aged 8-14 from any of the participating countries are eligible for the programme prizes and incentives.
2. A team must comprise predominantly of students aged between 8 and 14 years old who attend the school which entered the team.
3. Multiple teams per school can take part however a school can only register one team on the website.
4. Only one entry per registered team.
5. The competition year runs from September 2016 – June 2017. Teams who have completed less than four Challenges in the previous competition year can choose to retain their challenge points and still be eligible for the national competition. Any teams who have completed four or more Challenges and choose to retain their challenge points will not be eligible for the national competition.
School of the Month
1. Start month: September 2016
2. Closing month: May 2017
3. Winners will be announced on the regional homepage for each participating country. School of the Month winners will also be eligible for promotion to be the internationally featured School of The Month.
4. School of the Month will be judged against the following categories:
Water Workshops and Festivals
1. A select number of top-performing schools in each country will be chosen to receive water workshops and festivals with the support of their local delivery partner.
2. Please contact your local delivery partner for detailed timings.
3. Water Festivals can happen at any time during the school year - just be sure to give us some notice by calling Gráinne on 01 883 2185 or email email@example.com.
4. In order to be considered for Water Workshops and Water Festivals, schools will be judged against the following criteria:
1. A shortlisted number of the highest performing Water Festival schools will be chosen as regional finalists and will be in with a chance of being crowned as the national winning school.
2. Finalist schools will be judged against the following criteria:
3. Finalist schools will be invited to present their Water Explorer journey to a panel of key decision-makers (such as representatives from HSBC, local delivery partner and subject matter experts) at a national finalists’ celebration event.
4. Regional winning schools: the panel of key decision-makers will choose one finalist school to be chosen as the overall regional winner based on their presentation at the celebration event.
5. Contact the local delivery partner for the celebration event date.
1. The winning school from each region will be asked to present to an international judging panel to be in with a chance of being crowned overall international Water Explorer champion school.
2. The panel of judges will choose one finalist school to be the overall regional winner based on their presentation at the celebration event.
1. The judges’ decisions are final and binding in all respects on all teams. No correspondence will be entered into. Teams that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will not be considered for prizes.
2. All individual school data collected will be used solely for the purposes of administering the prizes and will not be shared with any other persons.
3. Other prizes may be awarded on an ad hoc basis over the course of the competition. The award of any such prizes is entirely at the discretion of the judges.